Adjusting your settings to your post and pages will help you adjust the minor things. However, it is not the funnest part of your posts. But it can help you with how the site will look when its finished. Settings are going to determinate where your text goes and titles and the page layout design. That is it for this Wednesday, I know it was shot so I’m sorry. Thank You.
Changing your theme is a very helpful tool when creating a website. Themes help your site look more professional and easier to manage. Your theme will tell you where your text will go, images, and titles. This will make your site look more organised and it will also help you finish your post faster. Themes are easy to change and you will not loose any of your information either.
Some themes have “theme options” which allows you to change colors, image placement, and title placement as well. The “theme option” is just there to help you design your posts and pages the way that you would like it to look.
If your looking for free themes, go to WordPress theme section to see all the free themes that are available for you.
Some of my favorite themes are:
I like these themes because they stand out, they get to the point, and I feel that the reader will be able to navigate and find what they are looking for fast and easy. Which I hope you decide to think of when your picking out your them. The theme needs to be accessible and easy to navigate, because if your viewers can’t find what they want they will leave your site.
I hope that you have learned something about themes here, and i also hope you have a great week. Thank you if you read all the way down to here.
Tags and Categories are an essential to have a successful site. They are going to be helping organize and add structure to your website. You will think there worthless, however, they will help your website a lot.
Tags and Categories are useful in many different situations. Library’s, Schools, Workplaces and many other places use tags and categories to help find there stuff. Library’s use tags to indicate where a book is located at, and they use categories to make there costumers find what they want quickly.
How to Add Tags and Categories
- First you will want to click the “Categories & Tags” drop down arrow.
- After that you need to click the “ADD A NEW CATEGORY.”
- Then you will name the category.
- Finally you will link the category to the proper page so it flows easy.
- First you will need to click the “Categories & Tags” drop down arrow
- Then you will need to click in the “TAGS” dialogue box.
- Finally you will add the right tags to fit your website.
Welcome back! This Wednesday I am going to be talking about hyperlinks. Hyperlinks are a wonderful way to help people navigate through your site and even other people sites. They are very useful for work sited pages, linking videos into your sites, and much more.
Adding hyperlinks are very easy to do. There is one main way using WordPress that can link you text to other pages, and it is very easy to do. Here is a six step plan to help you with your hyperlink:
- First you go to the site that you would like to link into your page.
- After that you copy the URL in the search bar.
- Then you highlight the word(s) that you would like to link the page to in your site.
- After that you clicking the chain link like button on the tool bar menu.
- Then you past the URL into the URL text box.
- If necessary type the text that you would like to link the URL to.
Two examples of this are:
I hope that this post was helpful to you. Next Wednesday I will be adding tags and Categories to your pages and posts. So if that is something you are willing to do, I will have the next page linked at the bottom of this page when it comes out next week. Hope that you have a great day, and an even better week. Thank You!